Thursday, February 5, 2009
Thursday, Feb. 5
Well, 2 of the 4 treatments are done! I went to sit with him some on Monday and hoped it would help to pass the time away. Sitting in a room full of people getting "treatments" is not such a "sunny" way to spend your day, so I am sure it is nice to have the company. The nurses are really nice and people talk to each other. He did NOT get another one of those bad headaches this time so we know that it must of been something else instead of the chemo...thank God. I think maybe some sinus issues or stress or a combination of both. They went ahead and gave him some Tylenol along with his other premeds just in case and it seemed to work. We finished the radiation on side 1! Yeah! I do believe that they were to the point of UNBEARABLE and he just about couldn't take any more to that side. The blisters in his mouth have gotten very uncomfortable and although he has an appetite, they make eating almost impossible. He manages to get something down each meal time, so we are hanging on there. Hopefully, with the radiation now on the other side, it will give the burns and blisters a little time to heal before the side effects of the new radiation that started today on the other side. Whew...it is a lot. Let's pray that the next 4-5 weeks go as expected. No more surprises. We hope for a CLEAR scan when all is done and rapid healing. After that we can move on to NEW TEETH! I pray that this is God's plan. Pray for his strength each day. He still goes to work every day and continues things as normal as possible. Again, we are so thankful for all of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment