We met with Dr. Hardacre for over an hour today and he greeted us with the same notion, that all in all the last scan reports were good! We are still very optimistic about those. As I have stated in the past, the re-radiation of that particular area is extremely difficult and comes with great risks. That being said, technology greatly improves every day so it gets less risky and easier to accomplish each and every day. So, although this may be hard to understand at first, we are going to play the wait game. Apparently the chemo and Erbitux have worked because the cancers that we know were there are stable and have not grown between scans. The plan is to wait and watch BECAUSE the risks that we would be taking to radiate the areas of concern are very high. When weighing the pros and cons of waiting, the pros are much higher right now. I really believe with all my heart that God is in control and he's got this! When I asked the doctor what I was supposed to say to everyone that asked, he said, "tell them everything is stable and that is where we want it to be."
So for now, please continue to pray for the Erbitux and Zometo to work as they have been and keep everything stable and unchanging. We will meet with the oncologist in 3 weeks and the radiologist in 6 weeks. Not sure when the next scan will be but I will definitely let you all know. That will be big! Unless we notice any evident changes ourselves, we agree to wait. Thank you God for all you have done! He is so awesome and I am so comfortable with Him being in control!
Talk to you soon!
Michelle
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment