Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 3, DONE!

Just a quick update...Dad is on his way home from the third treatment. Over the weekend he felt pretty good and hasn't had any major side effects from the treatment yet. I noticed that one of the spots has substantially gotten smaller in just two treatments. I am so thankful to see it working!!! Please join me each day in prayer, but more specifically if you remember daily around 2:55 to take a minute to pray for safe and successful treatments. Let's not forget safe travel as well! We are so thankful for our Lord who has done good things. We are specifically thankful for good doctors, great friends and such a huge support team.

The feeding tube is working out well. He gained 1 pound since starting the feedings. It is quite a job for Mom and Dad to schedule "real" eating and tube feeding to get it all in within waking hours, but they are managing.

Just a thought...I never thought to pray for all the people and their families effected by this horrible disease very often before I was directly effected. If asked to pray for someone of course I would, but I mean just praying for all those out there that we don't know who are battling cancer in any way, form or fashion. Funny how until I was directly effected, I just didn't completely "get it". As we sit in the waiting room at the oncology center at UAB, it breaks your heart. There are so many people YOUNG and old who have it so bad. There is one specific young man who comes in every day with his mom and from what we know, he has cancer of the tongue. It is just heartbreaking to watch him lay his head on his mom waiting for his radiation appointment unable to talk. He goes in for treatment, comes out and they leave together..no words spoken. You can just feel the sadness around him. Please pray for this young man. He has been on my heart since last week when I saw him there. Remember to be thankful for all good things big and little. Always count your blessings! They are out there and they are abundant!

Michelle

No comments: