Dad is still in the hospital at Decatur General. Many things are going well, but they are keeping him a little longer to evaluate some problems and perhaps a blood infection. Please pray. He is looking great as far as nutrition goes. They have pumped him full of proteins and fats and hydrated him well. He is having some swallowing issues which they are working on. They took a blood culture last week and this morning it appears to show something growing so they have called in a disease control specialist, not sure who that is yet but I will find out. I am praying that it is not a staff infection. Now we don't know if the antibiotics they have been giving him for nearly a week are even the ones he needed. I will be calling MD Anderson here shortly to see if I can get our doctors there in on all of this. That is why we spent 8 days out there so they need to be aware of all this. As you know by now, since he "feels" a little better he is not happy to be in the hospital. However, we are keeping him there until we have a plan.
Asking for BIG prayers,
Michelle
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment