Today Dad had an appointment to get his "mask" and "mouthpiece" made at the oncology center. He also had a CT scan to make a model of his head so that the doctors can direct the target location of the radiation. He will go back next Tuesday for an X-ray to make sure everything is directed in the right place. After that, his first radiation appointment is scheduled for next Wednesday, Dec. 17. Please be in prayer for the long 6 week duration he will be facing. He is in such good spirits and his attitude is awesome. He is a walking lesson and testimony for all of us!
Let our prayers be prayers of thanks. God is so awesome and good. I thank Him for getting Dad this far so good. I thank Him for the doctors and the amazing surgery that was performed to get the cancer out. I thank Him for the tests that showed us we need more treatment. I thank Him for the peace that we have and most of all, I thank Him for the hope. After our thanks, please pray with me that the radiation goes smoothly and that the side effects be minimal. Pray especially for his remaining teeth and the new bone, that they remain in good shape. I will let you all know how it goes next week.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment