Monday, December 1, 2008

Update

I have had so many requests to keep updating the blog. I do apologize for those of you who check it often to see how things are going. Since the last post, Papa has been continuing to do well. He has been going to work every day until about lunch and even going out to some job sites with Stephen and/or Shawn tagging along to "supervise". Each and every day the flap site improves and it looks as if it is healing nicely. The inside of his mouth has now completely turned the same color as the rest and other than a few missing teeth and some sutures hanging around..it looks FABULOUS! Looking at him, you would never know what has just taken place if you didn't know ahead of time. The cast on his arm is extremely annoying now because he feels better and wants to do more but can't because of that silly cast. We go to Birmingham tomorrow to see Dr. Holmes. I called today to see exactly what the appointment was about and they told me it was just a post op and Dr. Holmes would take a few pictures, check things out and probably remove the cast and staples from his arm. I will post after the appointment to let you know what all we find out.

Thanksgiving went really well! Papa was able to eat almost everything. He ate all the soft foods as well as some chopped turkey. I assure you he didn't miss out on very much. Maybe the pecan pie, but other than that he was full and satisfied like the rest of us!

I forgot to mention that he went to church yesterday! What a testimony! 4 short weeks since major surgery and he wanted to go to church. (or very long weeks, depending on who is talking :) It was great to see so many who were thrilled to see him and to see the evidence of prayer and God's hand at work. Awesome!

No comments: