Wednesday, April 13, 2011

MD Anderson!!

First of all, my apologies for not updating in a while. We spent the better half of last week with lots of school activities, golf tournaments and packing for the beach. Stephen, Patrick, Callie and I are enjoying a relaxing week in Seaside, Florida and for some reason my laptop just wouldn't hop out of the bag and turn itself on! Ha!

On a serious note, I wanted to let everyone know that we are going to MD Anderson! Dad, Mom and I will fly to Houston Sunday, April 17. Dad's first appt. is Monday, April 18 at 8:30 am. We were told to plan on 5-7 days. While this is a very scary endeavor, we are excited, ready and willing. We boldly ask to be covered in your prayers!!!!!


I will be posting daily to keep you all informed. Until then....


-pray for safe travels to Houston


-pray for Stephen as he takes on the "mom role" for up to a week!


-pray for the doctors and medical staff that will be involved in Dad's case. We are praying BIG for a plan that gets rid of this cancer!


-pray for Dad's business...it is very hard to keep up the business when you are sick and fighting cancer...even harder when you are in Houston!


-thank God for giving us this opportunity!


Michelle



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Pat, Ernie, and Michelle,
First, Michelle, thank you for your informative and prayerful updates. I'm sure it has not been an easy task, but you continue to do an amazing job at a challenging task. To Ernie, Jan and I pray for you as you continue to undergo more testing and treatment. You continue to exhibit the same drive and stamina that we remember so well. To Pat, a great big hug from us--take care of yourself and know that you also are in our prayers!!

With much love,
Sharon and Jan

The Hamns said...

We will be praying for you on this journey. Know that we are lifting you ALL up to our Savior! "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9