Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thursday

Thanks for the prayers about scan day. It was dreaded, but actually turned out just fine. Dad of course would have rather been anywhere else in the world, but handled two MRIs and a PET/CT all within 7 hours pretty well. Mom and I left him in the PET/CT to go to the main building to pick up some of his medical supplies and grab a bite to eat. We took his phone and glasses with us so he wouldn't have to keep up with them. The tech told us it would be at least 2 hours so we took our time and decided to head back about 2:30 thinking we would relax and read our books in the waiting room for a while. Well, we got off the elevator and the poor thing was just sitting there hungry and tired waiting on us! It was just pitiful! We had his phone so he couldn't call us. We felt so bad, but he forgave us. Ha!

The doctors were supposed to meet tonight as they apparently do every Thursday to present new patients. I am praying that some positive, good things come out of that meeting!!! Please pray with me. All in all today was a pretty good day. The food here at the hotel and out and about in Houston as far as the shuttle will take us is absolutely wonderful.

We are still trying to shuffle the schedule around and get in with the Pain Management Team and/or the Speech Pathologist tomorrow because otherwise we have no appointments on Friday. We will stay through the weekend and wait for the appointment with dad's assigned oncologist, Dr. Tsao, on Monday morning.

It may be a long weekend, but we will survive. We pray for some good news on Monday morning that there is something they know to try that we haven't already heard at home. We pray that the logistics of whatever treatment they recommend will be workable and fall in to place. I especially pray that there is a plan to simply make him feel better and to regain some strength. I have given it all to God and feel good about it. It will all work out and be just fine.

Sometimes, I walk through these halls with a lump in my throat. Not only because of why I am here or because I miss my family terribly, but for all the other people here!! I honestly am shocked at the number of sick people here at this "cancer center". There are buses and shuttles and more employees than I can even begin to count. All because of this horrible disease called cancer. It looks like Disney World, but its NOT Disney World, that is for sure. Please pray for these people. There are a lot of scared, stressed, hurting people. I see a lot of Bibles around here too and that is such a blessing to me. God calls on His people to TRUST in Him and not to be afraid and I see such evidence of that surrounding us here. It is awesome! Everyone smiles at each other with such compassion. Amazing.

Also, if you could add my Aunt Faye (Dad's sister) to your prayers. She had part of her colon removed recently and had some blockage that they could not repair. She is going in tomorrow for a surgery to remove then entire colon. She loves her baby brother and has prayed without ceasing for him and she needs us to lift her up, flooding the gates of Heaven with prayers for her. Thank you!

Michelle

No comments: