Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dr. Hardacre Appointment

Good morning! Our appointment with Dr. Hardacre was moved to 8:30 this morning instead of 1:00 this afternoon. It didn't take long, as I suspected Dr. Hardacre wants to move his PET scan up and get it right away so that he knows EXACTLY what he is dealing with. I feel really good about it. After much prayer and complete trust in God (and singing praise hymns on the way to the office!), I am confident that this will be okay. The scan will be tomorrow at 11:00 and we will meet for the results at 3:00. Please pray that the PET tomorrow shows what we already know and that's it! Of course we should throw in that it be completely healed because you know God can do that at ANY moment He desires! Dr. Hardacre said the area on his neck actually looks better as a whole than it did the last time he saw him. This area of concern seems to be cancer cells that are close to the skin "trying" to hunker down but can't seem to find a place to land and set up shop. (Poor things! ha!) Apparently chemo doesn't work well for these because the blood stream just can't get to them. So, if this is the only thing we see and the spot on the vertebrae from the last scan turns out to be nothing (arthritis, scar tissue, etc.) it shouldn't be a problem to re radiate that area. He would start right away. That is the best scenario and the confidence in the room was built around that idea! So my praying friends and family...lift Dad up! Pray that the scan is good and please please please praise God for all that he has done.! I will post as soon as I can tomorrow afternoon. I would like to leave you with PROOF that God is always talking to us if we listen. This is taken from my Dad's devotion THIS morning on THIS DAY, Oct 12, 2010! Amazing.

I pray with assurance that God is my help in
every need.
Praying helps me be a calm, positive and supportive presence for others. Prayer channels my thoughts in affirmative ways. It is the highest form of help I can give to a friend or loved one. As I pray for others, I affirm their highest good, trusting answers will come in right and perfect ways.
When praying for healing, I visualize wellness, vibrancy and wholeness. In my heart I know the activity of Spirit is at work. When I pray for guidance, I wholeheartedly believe that God within each person is their true compass. Their path will be revealed.
I pray with assurance. God is our help in every need no matter how great or small. With God, all things are possible.
"Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in
good health, just as it is well with your soul.
3 John 1:2

No comments: