For those of you who have taken a vote for the "food supplement" device (a.k.a. feeding tube), we have finally taken that step! The doctors recommended it for dad when he was going through the first radiation therapy. They did not require it though, leaving it totally up to Dad. He did not want it at that time but after two years of trying to eat and gain some weight he has decided it might be okay to supplement his calorie intake! He will be getting it during an out patient surgery next Wednesday, Nov. 3. I don't know much about how it all works at the moment, but a nutritionist will come to the house and teach them all about it as well as make a "plan" for Dad's specific needs. I hope this will make him feel so much better, increase his energy and take the "pressure" off of trying to eat all the time.
I just wanted to quickly update everyone! Have a great evening!
Monday, October 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment