Friday, October 31, 2008
Friday Morning
Good morning to all. Thank you for all the comments. Every time we see Dad he wants to know who all we have heard from so keep those phone calls and comments coming...they make him feel SO good! (us too!) We all got to sleep last night and we feel good today. Dad was cared for by his own two nurses all night and they promised to call us if they needed us. Of course they didn't (thank goodness!) and we rested well. We saw him this morning and he is making the best of it. His arm is really sore and he complains about it more than the removal/reconstruction site. I think today may be his worse day because he is coming off all the meds and really waking up. You could tell he doesn't feel well but he smiles when we talk to him and he is hanging in there. He told us that when we see Dr. Holmes to please tell him he needs a Mt. Dew! That and an air conditioner! (patients with a neck dissection have to have a room with the temp between 70-75 degrees and it is miserably HOT in there!) The doctor came by and looked at the flap again this morning and all is still well. We have to get through the 72 hour period to be clear and know that it worked. His transport orders have been put in so whenever a room opens up he will be moved to a "step-down" room for the rest of the day and then hopefully to his regular room. Whew...it has been a long day and a half but I have such joy that the surgery is over. We have a long road ahead but we can do it! Your prayers are so evident! The doctors, nurses and even the anesthesiologist are constantly saying how amazing he looks and how good everything went yesterday. They thanked him this morning for being such an easy patient. We are waiting for the nest visiting hours and/or his transport to another room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
What great news! Larry and I will continue to remember Ernie, as well as the rest of the family, in our prayers. We hope each passing day will show much improvement.
Debbie
We have checked your blog almost hourly and appreciate the info. Pls let Ernie and Pat know how much we are thinking about them as well as the rest of you. The Johnson came over yesterday to inquire, and Gerald and Linda New have checked each day. We hope this day is as good as possible.
John and Judy
Hang in there Ernie, excuse me, I mean Dad! Each day will get better, See you in the morning.
Love,
your extremely intelligent, good looking, & never moody - son.
We are thrilled that he's doing so well. Every time we check the blog we are anxious to know all that God has provided. We continue to pray for healing.
Lance, Jill, Max and Jack
Just love the continued progress! I keep getting phone calls and people seeing me, asking about Ernie. He is loved by so many! Thank you again for this blog! It means so much to us all.
Love,
Carolyn
We are so thankful for the progress and good spirits to this point. We love checking the blog and being in touch! Please tell Mr. Ernie and Ms. Pat that we said hello and we are all praying and will keep on!!!
Love,
The Hamns
Hi Michelle,
I am Ernest's uncle Kenneth,(Nannie's youngest brother). I just wanted you to know that Sarah and I are praying for Ernest daily. My sunday school class of about (15) seventy year old men had a special prayer for Ernest. I am glad that the early reports are positive. I pray that the recovery time will go well. I pray especially for you that God will give you the strength needed to carry on as you take care of Ernest. Tell my sweet nieces, Dot, Faye, and Shirl that I love them and they are in our prayers also.
God bless
Uncle Kenneth
Post a Comment