Monday, October 27, 2008

Pray

Today is Monday and we (the entire family) are making plans and preparing for dad's surgery. I have created this blog in hopes that our family, friends and church family can log on and receive updates while we go through this endeavor. I hope to be able to update it at the very least daily. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. Please pray specifically for dad, our family and the doctors. Dr. Jon Holmes is the surgeon performing the surgery and reconstruction along with Dr. Sheldon Black. While we are all worried and scared, I have a peace and comfort knowing that God is in control. We pray for a successful surgery and complete recovery. Dad seems to have a positive outlook (as positive as could be expected!) and he is ready to be back at work soon. That is good!

We (the family along with mom and dad) are going to Birmingham late Wednesday afternoon and spend the night at the Centennial Lodge located at St. Vincents. Mom and at least one of us will spend the entire week there. I am so thankful that there is such a nice, convenient place for us to stay during the surgery and his hospital stay. As of now, the surgery is planned for 6:30 am Thursday (10/30) morning. Until then...as my husband would say...

In HIS grip,
Michelle

5 comments:

Lulu said...

Thank you so much for creating this blog. I don't want to bother you with phone calls every day over the next few weeks. We will be praying for Ernie, his doctors, and of course, your family. Much love, Lucinda and the guys

Greg Smith said...

Hi Michelle. It's Greg Smith (your cousin...I'm B.C. and Nancy's oldest son). Jarita forwarded me the link to your blog. Our family is praying for your dad! Thanks for keeping us updated.

chodges10 said...

Michelle, thank you so much for sharing the success of your dad's surgery. So many of my family members and friends have been asking me. We have prayed and prayed! So happy that so far, so good! I will continue to check this blog for updates, and so happy you've created it! Your dad, along with your family, will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Love you all,
Carolyn

Jarita said...

Aunt Pat, Michelle, Shawn, Heather, and families, We are so happy and thankful that our prayers have been answered for Uncle Ernest's successful surgery, and will continue to pray for the success of the bone and tissue grafts, his care, and his comfort. Love to you all, Jarita

startslow-taperoff said...

Hi Michelle,
I wanted to add my thanks for this Blog. It is nothing short of a super job!! Sarah and I have been praying for him daily. I brought his situation up in my sunday school class last Sunday. I just wanted you to know that a group of (15) seventy year old men had a special prayer for Ernest. I believe the prayers are being answered and will continue to be answered.
May God continue to Bless.

Uncle Kenny,
(Nannie's youngest brother)