We made the trip to Birmingham for an 11 o'clock appointment with Dr. Holmes to get the packing out and check the flap. He did great! They put him in "sleepyland" while they removed the packing and trimmed up the flap a bit from the surgery. It only took about 45 minutes total and he was ready to head back home. Dr. Holmes said that everything looked great and to just keep doing what we are doing. He upgraded his food intake to just about anything that doesn't require chewing. PB & J, grilled cheese, pasta etc. (small bites of course). That is good news for the hungry! He feels SOOOOO much happier just to have that packing out. I can't even imagine. I am still amazed at how he is doing just one week after such an extensive surgery. Those of you that have come by will surely agree. God is awesome! I was worried about today's appointment. I just wanted him to feel okay during the drive and the wait for a mid day appointment. I wanted to know that the packing wouldn't hurt coming out and that it wouldn't bleed afterwards and that the flap was doing what it should be doing. Once again, our prayers were answered..he breezed right through the day. We didn't talk about the tumor/pathology reports today..just wants him to continue recovering and he will see him back on December 2!
Pray for continued healing. Thank you all!
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment