This morning Dad is feeling about the same. He did actually sleep last night! We prayed all day for some rest. Guess what? Dr. Holmes just walked in and said....YOU ARE GOING HOME TODAY!!!!!! Praise God! He is putting the paperwork in right now and he has to finish his IV medicine, but we are on our way. Lets pray today first of all, our thanks for His grace and love before, during and after the surgery. Lift up your praises for God is good! Dad has come out of a major surgery to remove a pretty big cancer and we are going home.! Pray specifically for his comfort and healing. He needs all of our prayers to help his attitude. Just pray that he keeps looking forward and be as positive as he can be. Mom needs prayer for strength and health as she will be administering lots of home health care! Of course all of us will be there to help. I will post this afternoon letting you know how things went getting home, etc. It is exciting but a little scary knowing the nurse isn't just right outside the door. Oooh..I am so excited, can you tell?
I do know that Dr. Holmes is going to see him Friday to remove the packing and check the flap. Once that packing is gone, I KNOW Dad will feel better. The cast on his arm is there for 3 more weeks and it won't come a minute too soon.
Until this afternoon...
Michelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am sooo excited Ernie is getting to come home!!!! That is the best medicine in theworls. We will certainly be praying for a safe trip home and for Pat's and all your strength in caring for him in the weeks to come. We are also praying for Ernie's positive attitude!!
Marilyn & Mike Hagen
Hey Michelle,
I think we all have become closer to you from all you informative and descriptive updates on your dad. How wonderful it must be for you to be reunited with your family tonight. Thank you Michelle. Your Blog has meant so much to so many. May tonight be more normal for you and your family and may each day be a plus for Ernie.
Love,
Carolyn
Post a Comment