Well, Dad is on the couch in his own pajamas and his own blankets and unattached to any wire! What a great feeling that must be. Words cannot even express how glad we all are for him to be home. He has felt good since he got home and has gotten down the liquids he needs to keep his nutrition up. I cannot tell you how much your thoughts and prayers have helped our family during this past week. We are amazed! We pray for a smooth night tonight and lots of rest for both Mom and Dad.
He has to go back to Birmingham on Friday and be sedated in Dr. Holmes office to remove the packing from his nose but he is ready and willing if it means that stuff coming out. I told him today that in a few weeks he would be up and about. He just smiled and held up two fingers. I guess he intends to be out in two weeks. Sounds good to me. Spirits were good today. He joked and commented about everything just like Papa always does. You should have seen him try to give me directions on how to drive home from Birmingham! :) I just let him think I didn't know how. Hee Hee!
Please keep the prayers coming..we are home and the big surgery is over, but we still have a long way to go. I will continue to keep you posted on his healing process.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YEAH!! I know he is happy to be in his own famaliar surroundings and I am happy for him. Sounds like he is doing everything the Doc ordered so keep it up and just take one day at a time. Will keep in touch!
Dot
As Dorothy said in the Wizard of Oz, "There's no place like home!" Tell Uncle Ernie that I'm thrilled that he made it home after less than a week, but I'm disappointed that he didn't stop on the way home to vote! Just kiddin'...love to all.
Danny, Jarita, Kelly & Adam
Glad to hear you're home and in your own nest! We'll continue to lift you up in prayer for a speedy recovery.
Debbie and Larry
Post a Comment