It is about 11:00 and it has been a busy morning. Mom stayed in the room with him last night just to help with the little things since he is now in a room without a one on one nurse. He didn't sleep much, but who would having had that kind of surgery. I would say today is a little bit better than yesterday but still kind of rough. Every time they come in to clean him up he looks better and better to me. He actually saw himself in a mirror last night and would not agree with us, but from our eyes he looks great. Dr. Holmes came in this morning and said everything was good. Dad was actually up in the chair and able to carry on a conversation with him. He went over all the things that are hurting and/or bothering him and all were normal and to be expected. He showed us exactly how big the tumor was and said that it was what he had expected as well. Of course we have to wait a few days to hear from pathology to know more details about that. We pray for a good report and clear direction as to the plan from here.(radiation,etc.) Dr. Holmes kept reminding him that he felt this bad because he was supposed to! He just had major surgery! Dad replied, "I've got to be at work on Monday". Dr. Holmes smiled and said, "well, your not going to make it, but ask me again in two weeks." That made him happy. He is a little anemic this morning and they are giving him some iron. If that is our only problem...we'll take it.
The best moment came when Dr. Holmes asked, "Is there anything else I can do for you?" Jokingly, Dad said, "bring me a Mt. dew". and he replied, "I don't care if you have a Mt. Dew!" We all scrambled as if we couldn't believe our ears. Shawn had a fresh, cold one in his hand so Cheryl grabbed a syringe and started shooting Mt. Dew down his throat! He was so happy. I bet that was a new one for the nurses...Mt. Dew through a syringe. Who cares...Papa got his Mt. Dew!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks once again for the update Michelle. After church I had people wanting to know how Ernie was doing. Your blog has been so great for so many! So glad things are continuing to improve. Hope Pat is doing well.......You have two strong parents! I think strength runs in your whole family!
Love to all,
Carolyn
Post a Comment